Your contributions make it possible for us to serve our small mountain community and all believers who visit our Chapel. Help us keep our little piece of history alive and thriving on the "Mountain of the Lord".
(All gifts are tax deductible. The Chapel of the Crowned King is a non-profit 501c3 corporation)
Using the memories of some of the old-timers and existing photographs, the replica of the original church was created. To achieve the church's restoration a great deal of effort was expended even before the foundation was laid. Finally, thanks to the prayers of many, the church was raised in early May, 2001. Many volunteers from the community and from several churches gave their time, effort and money to assemble an all but exact image of the building that had once been the first church in Crown King.
The Chapel of the Crowned King is a replica of the historic church that was built by miners in the old gold mining days of the late 1800's and early 1900's. It was originally located between the present Crown King General Store and the Crown King Saloon, approximately where the Fire Station sits today. The church was destroyed by fire in the mid-1950's.
Picture of the original church built in the late 1800's.
Crown King Photos In Its Early Days